Thursday, June 12, 2008

Religion??!!


It's 12am, as usual, the sky is still not-so dark.

Just finished my dinner 3 hrs ago in the hotel's lobby, it is an interesting dinner, because I took it with 3 others people from different country, different race and different religion, and we'd discussed about some sensitive issue, the RELIGION...

I'm Chinese, and I'm a Buddhist, Luiz is from Brazil, he is a Christian/ Soccerian~, Kunar from India, is a Hindustan, and Karim is from Egypt, is a Muslim. Christian and Muslim is enemy, since few century ago, thanks god Luiz is a Soccerian, although he is a Christian, but he loves soccer more than all others thing, a typical Brazilian.

Karim is a very nice guy, he is a peacefully Muslim, and he appeared not as extreme Muslim in CNN or the paper, today is the first time I get to know so much of a Muslim, altho I'm from Malaysia, but I don't really care about their religion, Muslim in Malaysia is bit extreme, they force their fionce, force their son, to become Muslim, change their family name, and it's supa hard to leave even after you die... that's why some non-malay Muslim try to keep their identity, and when the day they die, the Muslim Department comes to grab the corpse with their relatives, because if he believes in all*h, he will belong to him even after he pass away...#@!$#@!$#@$@#

From the discussion about the Islam, I get to know that praying 5 times/ day is a 'bread' for Muslim, according to Karim, Muslim pray, even on the plane, but due to some 'limitation', they don't have to face to the west during praying in the plane... (we*rd), I'd told him that there's a Muslim astronaut from Malaysia had do the so called research on how to pray on the space (I never feel proud when I told him bout' this), guess what, he never heard bout' this fella, after our 'rich' government spend almost a billion RM to tumpang him with the Russia astronaut to the outer space... It's really nothing to proud with this... Beside, he explain to us the meaning behind the fasting month.

Muslim believe there's only 1 god, and they thought that the world, the human is created by god... hmm, in fact, human being is revolution from ape, scientist had prove this, the 'debate' started while Kunar condemn about Saddam Hussein, Karim is not agree with him, altho he do not agree about what Saddam did (declare war between Muslim), but in the heart of Iraqi, he is still a warrior... and he'd take some example to prove bout this, yeah bro, your history is very good!!

According to him, CNN had filtered by the US govt, just like TV always shown that Egypt have desert, pyramid, sexy girls that shown only their bare-stomach only, actually it's not, there's modern city there, and Karim able to speak very very fluent English, hmm I'll go Egypt if I have the chance.

Brazilian is always calm about the religion issue, because they loves soccer, and Brazil women is just toooooo hot!!! Of course only if they're not in Egypt, that doesn't match at all.

On the way back, Karim had asked me whether want to have a look on their al-Quran, I said 'NO'. He had make me change my impression about Muslim, actually there's some Muslim that are not that extreme-minded.