Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bank Negara Project


Had spent whole day to dealt with this project. This is not the most costly, not most profitable, not most tough, not so troublesome, but this project is the most memorable that I'd ever done.

Bank Negara had built a museum, behind it's building at KL city center. My scope is to provide the Nederman's fume extraction system for the Art Conservation room and Coin Conservation room. This morning, I'd my meeting with the main contractor about the pricing issue, noon with the floor-designer about the design of our system, and late noon site visit with the site supervisor, and meeting about some technical question... worst thing, have to rush back office to settle some account thingy...

Last 5 months, I'd received a called from Aju, the designer's wife, to requested about our system, after meeting with her, I went for my lunch at The Curve, I'd sent a sms, said that I'm lucky since I knew you... last 4 months, I went for the site visit, after visited, I was having lunch with you, last 3 weeks, I'd received the called to finalize everything, and I went for site visit again this afternoon, before visit, I'd drove-thru the road that I used to be very familiar with, went to the restaurant, and today is the first time I eat alone there, ordered the same meal, same drink, but the one that sitting beside me had changed to my laptop bag, and I can only chat with my msn-mate only this time...

I have to deliver everything before August, and the opening ceremony will held by 8th August, 2008, same day as Beijing Olympic, Bank Negara, 888, I thought only Chinese is superstitious about no.8, mana tau malayu jugak...

p/s: the designer, Wan, told me that his Mivec 4G91 had did 10 sec. for 0 - 170kmph, amazing...