Thursday, July 10, 2008

Penang

Had gone to Penang few times, been traveled there via train, car, flight, ferry (from Butterworth), and this time is by... lorry.

Had planned to go Penang to visit a client + solve some problem since last 2 months, but bit busy + lazy for a trip that will waste 10 hours traveling time. Last 2 days, Toon and Donny from welding department is going to Penang to install a welding machine for his customer in Bayan Lepas, and my customer is in Bayan Lepas too, so I'd followed him to Penang, but they're going with a 3-tonne lorry.............

It's damn suffering for the 300+km trip inside the lorry, the space is small (6ft. x 2 inside a small cabin), slow (max 100kmph, normal cruising on 80-90kmph), extremely-noisy (>90dB I think), hot (w/o tinted), and lack of shock absorbing... yeah I know I complaint alot, had spoiled by my ride...

It's a very short trip, and the first day we reached hotel by 11pm+ after seafood + buying durian in Balik Pulau, and the next morning we gone to Lumut, only makan simple Penang breakfast, and nothing special compared to KL. Met welding dept. people in Lumut, and tumpang Hafiz's estima back office, at last I can sleep well in this trip.