Monday, July 21, 2008

Busy, is that a good excuse?

When we feel like tired, when we feel lazy to go out, the best excuse, and the common one - lazy, especially single bachelor like me (with couple can make use their gf/bf as excuse, lol), but I seldom use that as excuse, maybe I'm not busy enough?

This 2 months is a very very pack month, I have to do the ground work for Nederman, to lobby Petronas in East Malaysia, to entertain those oil and gas contractor, to reply never ending e-mail, to learn, to play, to eat, to sleep, to blogging, to............... lots of excuse that I can make use to show that I'm really busy, but, I still don't think I'm busy.

If working >15hours a day is busy, then why don't I feel busy? if the character of my room and hotel's room exchange is busy, then why don't I feel busy?

Human nature, especially Asian, we always use this excuse, to make others realize that we are doing something for the world, we are not wasting our 24hrs, but most of the time, maybe we are not a good time planner, we do everything by last minute, and we spend most of our time to think a perfect excuse that will lead others that we are busy, same goes to me, and maybe you, your neighbor, your boss, etc.

Lets divide what I do in 24 hours,

12 hours working
2 hours meal
1 hour watching newspaper
6 hours sleep
2 hours browsing internet
= 23 hours

Where is another hour gone?

See, if we divide our task, list it, we will found that we have A LOT of spare time, so where this spare time goes?

Hmm, maybe to thinking for excuse that show that we are busy.